If you disagree with our decision on your loan application, you can request a review of that decision.
You must submit the Decision Review Request in writing to us within 30 business days of receipt of the decision notification.
The request should be as specific as possible and you should ensure you provide us with sufficient new information to undertake the review.
Outline the reasons you disagree with the decision and address the issues identified in the decision notification. In your review request, you should:
- explain why you disagree with our assessment that you did not meet the eligibility criteria
- outline the factors you believe may have been overlooked by us in determining your eligibility
- provide additional relevant information not included in your original application that you believe may alter the assessment outcome.
Please submit the Decision Review Request below.
Requests for an extension beyond the 30-day timeframe may be considered in extenuating circumstances. Requests should be submitted in writing and detail the reason for the delay, and should be received by RIC within the 30-day timeframe, or as soon as reasonably practical.
Within 30 business days of receiving a request for a review, we will review the decision, make a Determination and advise you of the outcome. The reviewer will be a person not involved in the making of the original decision.
A Determination is a final decision. There is no further appeal against the Chief Executive Officer or delegate’s Determination. Our Complaints and Feedback procedure cannot be used as a review mechanism.
The RIC collects your personal information to enable us to provide advice and assistance to prospective borrowers in relation to its loans. Without the personal information collected in this expression of interest form, we may not be able to assist you with your enquiry.
The RIC is required to adhere to the standards set by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and that includes ensuring that as the Applicant(s), you are notified that before we collect, or as soon as possible after we collect personal information, you are informed of:
- the purpose(s) of collection
- whether your personal information is collected from third parties
- to whom personal information is disclosed
- the processes through which an individual can seek access and/or correction of their personal information, and
- how you can complain about the way in which personal information is handled.