Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) is a Federal Government-backed specialist finance provider for farmers and farm-related small businesses. Our loan programs encourage growth, investment and resilience in Australia’s regional communities.
Your future at the RIC:
As a Data Engineer, you will work with RICs Data Engineering Manager and Executive Manager, IT to progress RICs data strategy, and evolve and maintain RICs data and reporting infrastructure.
The RIC’s ICT environment is comprised of mobile devices running Microsoft 365 (Windows 10, Office 365, and Enterprise Mobility + Security) and accessing Software as a Service (SaaS) corporate applications. The RIC has minimal on-premises infrastructure. The RIC’s data holdings are spread across multiple internal sources and utilises Azure resources for the transformation.
What you will do:
- Providing input into the RIC’s data strategies and subsequently assisting with implementation
- Managing, maintaining and extending RICs data infrastructure, warehousing and other data sources including:
a. Azure Databricks
b. Azure SQL Server
c. Azure Data Factory
d. MS Power Platform
e. Data Integrations (batch and API) with various business systems (including Salesforce, TechnologyOne and Finacle Loan Management System)
- Supporting new systems implementations through data integration and migration
- Adhering to policies for effective data security and management including techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Supporting and training others in the daily use of data and reporting systems and ensure adherence to legislative and internal standards
- Analysing business information and raw data to develop strategies, and models as needed for effective data analysis
- Operating under broad direction and exercising independence
You’ll be proud of:
- Working for an organisation that helps to build a stronger Australia through thriving regions
- Joining a workplace that is bold and acts with purpose, is down to earth, embraces difference and acts as one.
- Contributing towards improved capabilities that meet the emerging needs of the business
Is this job for you?
- Temporary 2-year contract
- Located in Orange, NSW with remote work location considered for the right candidate
- Generous employment conditions such as paid Christmas shutdown leave, salary sacrifice options, health & fitness reimbursement and more!
- Salary range $102,888 - $114,320 per annum + superannuation
- Experience developing, maintaining and leveraging Microsoft Data and Business Intelligence tools to inform and drive business activities (including Power BI, Power Automate, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure Data Factory, MS SQL Server, MS Excel and MS Access).
- Strong coding ability including excellent knowledge of SQL and Python
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Relevant tertiary and industry qualifications are essential
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar data infrastructure role
- Experience with Microsoft 365 cloud environments (Windows 10, Office 365, MS Teams and SharePoint)
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira, and Agile frameworks highly desirable
Please see position description below for full selection criteria
How to apply:
- Apply here by submitting a current resume/CV
- Attach a statement of no more than 750 words aligning your skills and experience to the job and the capabilities required to perform it
- Applications close Sunday, 3 December 2023, 11pm
Keen to learn more:
- Position Description - Data Engineer
- Visit https://www.ric.gov.au/jobs to learn more about the RIC and view the position description
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including a National Police History Check and must have the right to work in Australia
- Reach out to Olivia Meli, Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
RIC has the right to interview for this position prior to the closing date.
RIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, safe, and flexible workplace that values differences, supports inclusiveness and encourages all employees regardless of gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation, or caring responsibilities, to achieve their potential. You must have a Permanent Right to Work in Australia to apply for this position.
Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.