We aim to be transparent, fair and ethical.
We publish information about our decisions and operations to:
- maintain the credibility and integrity of our service
- meet our legislative obligations
We report to two Ministers: the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources and the Minister for Finance. An independent board also oversees our operations.
Our legislative obligations
We are a corporate Commonwealth entity. Our functions and priorities are set by:
- Regional Investment Corporation Act 2018 (RIC Act)
- Public Governance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act)
- Regional Investment Corporation Operating Mandate Direction 2018 (Operating Mandate)
- ministerial directions
- other legislation
Our purpose is to encourage growth, investment and resilience in:
- Australian farm businesses
- rural and regional communities
We do this by delivering farm business loans and loans for state or territory government water infrastructure projects.
Our corporate plan details how we will deliver on this purpose.
Our annual report details our activities and performance (including our financial statements).
Read our 2017-18 Annual Report .
We make information we hold available in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
Access to documents
You can request access to documents we hold at any time.
Information Publication Scheme
We aim to make information about our purpose, functions and powers easy to access on this website.
Portfolio budget statements
Our budget is detailed in:
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources portfolio budget statements
- Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities portfolio budget statements
Contracts and procurement
We report all contracts with a value of $80,000 (GST inclusive) on Aus Tender as a requirement of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
In accordance with the Senate Order for Entity Contracts (the Murray Motion), we also publish a list of our contracts with an estimated value of $100,000 or more (GST inclusive).
We will publish details of pay and other remuneration for our senior executive and other highly paid employees at the end of each financial year.
Indexed list of files
We will publish an indexed list of files twice a year. This is required by the Senate Procedural Orders of Continuing Effect.
Excluded from this list are files relating to cases or internal administration, and files transferred to the National Archives.
Our first list will be published in January 2019.