Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a positive contribution to Australia’s regional communities? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and passionate team that thrives on seeing the direct impact it has every day? Then the Regional Investment Corporation is for you.
We provide solutions for Australia’s farmers and farm related small businesses, who due to circumstances outside their control, are in financial need. Our loans can help make their future more certain.
A great opportunity has arisen at the RIC for a Payroll/Finance Officer to join the Corporate Services team on a permanent full-time basis located in the Orange office.
The Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) is a Federal Government-backed specialist finance provider for farmers and farm-related small businesses. Our loan programs encourage growth, investment and resilience in Australia’s regional communities.
You will be responsible for:
- Paying staff in accordance with their employment contracts, regulations, and legislation
- Track employee hours, prepare compensation checks, calculate bonuses and allowances
- Respond to employee queries
- Act as the liaison between HR, Finance, and employees
- Reconciling payroll activities to the financial system
- Ensure compliance with the Commonwealth Government Procurement Rules, legislation, and guidelines
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong mathematical skills with attention to detail and the ability to develop and maintain accurate records
- High level written and verbal communication
- Strong stakeholder management skills including vendor relationship management
- Detailed knowledge of accounting and payroll procedures
- A strong ability to interpret and apply employment legislation and instruments
- Capability to prepare and present payroll related financial reports
For the position we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where possible
- A base salary between $80,100 - $97,900 per annum depending on experience
- Normally 36.75 hours per week.
For more details on this exciting position visit ric.gov.au/jobs or email Olivia Meli at email@example.com.
Applications Close: Sunday 7 March 2021 – 11pm
How to apply: You are required to apply by submitting the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A current resume/CV, and
- A statement of no more than 750 words aligning your skills and experience to the job and the capabilities required to perform it.
Your application will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate that you possess, or have the real potential to develop, the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform the role. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
Eligibility: To be eligible for employment with the Regional Investment Corporation, applicants must be an Australian citizen. The RIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, safe and flexible workplace that values differences, supports inclusiveness and encourages all employees regardless of gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or caring responsibilities, to achieve their potential.